With December graduation quickly approaching (and May graduation closer than you think), finding a job is like taking on another class! These are 10 common mistakes that first-time job hunters make.
- Waiting to look for a job
- Not networking
- Lacking experience through a job or internship
- Not getting involved in career-related extracurricular activities
- Only applying to a few jobs
- Lacking professionalism
- Not figuring out your career goals
- Skipping a visit to the career center
- Not keeping track of your achievements
- Lacking job-related skills
It’s easy to become overwhelmed and to ignore the job search, but preparation can go along way in landing a career after graduation.
To continue reading this article and to learn how to avoid these common mistakes, visit: http://www.fins.com/Finance/Articles/SBB0001424052970204226204576601420036627098/The-10-Worst-Mistakes-of-First-Time-Job-Hunters
Original article written by Kelly Eggers