Many internships are used to gain practical experience in the field before gaining full-time employment. While interning for a company, it is important to treat it as if it were a job and though the transition from intern to full-time employee takes work, it doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are nine tips to help you turn an internship into a job from
- Take your internship seriously.
- Respect company time and take on more responsibility.
- Show up on time. Punctuality is key.
- Ask questions and show that you are eager to learn.
- Don’t be afraid to share your thoughts and ideas.
- Branch out, show what you have to offer and learn as much as you can.
- Don’t be shy.
- Get advice from former interns, especially if they have received a full-time position after their internship.
- Go through the formalities and let the company know you are interested in a full-time opportunity.