It’s obvious that LinkedIn is an important tool in the job search; we’ve all read and heard about that for some time now. As with any career-related topic that gets a lot of airtime, there is now tons of information, some conflicting, and it’s hard to sift through all of it.
What they REALLY want to see
Companies you’ve worked for
- Dates you’ve worked for those companies
- The title of your role
- A quick description of what the title
A Clear “Career Story”
- Do my experiences build upon one another and show some sort of growth path?
- If I add or take out any experience, will my story be stronger?
- What does it look like my next step should be?
Recruiters want to see who you are connected to through your past work experiences. If they know someone who has endorsed you (or may be able to), that might go a long way.
A Professional Picture
- Photo of just you
- One where you look polished and professional
- One where you have a simple smile/friendly expression. That means no sassy face!
For the full article visit: